Goods worth millions of naira were destroyed by a late-night fire that occurred at the plaza of the Onitsha Main Market in Anambra State on Wednesday.
According to an eyewitnesses account, the fire also destroyed shops on the third floor of the three-storey building located near the main market.
Our correspondent gathered that the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
One of the traders in the market said the damage had already been done before the arrival of fire responders.
She said, “We were calling the fire service and they have not responded. See how goods belonging to traders are being destroyed before their eyes,” she lamented.
Confirming the incident, police spokesperson, Tochukwu Ikenga, said no life was lost in the incident.
Do you have any information or event for GLOBAL NEWSROOM to publish or cover? Kindly Call us on +2348023010992 or send us message on Whatsapp number +2348137001111 or send us an email : firstname.lastname@example.org